
I've spend most of today finishing off fabric postcards for a swap on Alphastamps (www.alphastamps.com). This is a 5 for 4 swap and I had fun using a variety of different fabric collages for them. The theme was Spring Fling and all the fabric images I used came from the Lovers fabric sheet from Alphastamps. I added seed beading, lovely heart beads which I acquired on Ebay and suitable quotations from a Quotation book.
Of course I could not resist making one for myself to keep and after making them all I choose this one, as I really liked the background of the warehouses and the ship. The text We'll o'er the sea, seemed so appropriate as this is precisely what John and I did when we were first married. The edge around the postcards (apart from the orange one) is a transparent ribbon which I bought from www.threadart.com. I ordered one of all the colours they do and I just love them!
Finally I also finished my card for the Exotic lottery on the CChix Yahoo group. It's French text translates as : What a happy end he had promised her!! I just did not happen as you can see!





Dear Frieda! Your postcards are sooooo beautiful. Leslie from Alpha Stamps had excitedly told me yours were done and they are just perfect! I have the same rubber stamp, "An affair to remember" : )) seems we have passionate things in common.
ReplyDeleteYour ATC project is a huge inspiration to me. I love seeing what you have added each time I visit, and the poem your friend sent along with the photos of your dogs & cats is wonderful.
Love a lovely visit with your mom.
xo Lenna