Content

Pages

Sunday, 4 June 2017

People who lift you up

Our prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: Lift. The example shown included balloons and that reminded me I had a lovely balloon image (from Flow magazine) and I wanted to use that. I found just the right quotation (by Michelle Obama) that spoke to me. It says; "Choose people who lift you up". 

 I started by collaging on a collection of imagery including vintage images and text, bits of an old Flow calendar as well as pieces from the Dapne's Diary magazine (including the perched bird). I then added colour with Distress Crayons and fluid acrylic paint by using stencil M071 Nonsensical Bloom stencil by Stencilgirl Products and a baby wipe.
I also stamped on flower images using stamps from the DDRS004 Full Bloom Vol2 stamping set by Darkroom Door as well as stamps from the stamp set designed by Art5Academy with a Archival red stamp pad. 
I found just the right person to hold on to those balloons in a fashion  magazine (Chanel advert, if you like the outfit!) and perched that bird on her hat. The final addition was the kingfisher postage stamp, just becuase I saw one this week! The spread was done in a small 6 x 8" notebook that I've turned into an art journal.

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful Frieda- and I couldn't agree more with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a little bird perched on your hat while you are creating pages like this. I am fascinated by your pages and your artistry. Gorgeous colour palette, amazing layers, and so much whimsy. Fabulous page, Frieda. Your art lifts me up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I appreciate it enormously. It will take a little while for me to approve your comments to avoid spam but rest assured that your comments make my day!