Monday 3 December 2018

Stencilgirl December 2018 Project

The end is in sight. The 365 3 x 3” artcards I’m making this year as part of the #365somethings2018
project are almost done, but there is one last way of making them that I wanted to share here as my
final project this year for Stencilgirl®Products.

Whenever I’m working in my studio, I do so on a layer of newsprint sheets that I use to clean my
stencils, capture the spray paint that doesn’t quite hit the page I’m working on, roll off the excess
paint on my brayers, try out if I have enough ink on my stamps etc. Eventually the top newsprint
sheet is completely covered and I remove it to reveal a fresh one.

The removed sheet (I refer to it as underpaper) very often looks better than anything I have created
purposefully, partly because true randomness is very hard to create and partly because I’m far less
precious about it. The last time I removed a sheet it struck me how it would make great art cards
and because the newsprint is very thin, I simply adhered pieces of it onto cards.

I began to wonder if I could make such randomness intentionally (a real oxymoron!). And this final project for 9 more cards (in fact I made quite a few more in the process too) is the result. 

You can find a full step-by-step tutorial for this final set of cards on the Stencilgirl®Talk website.
The cards will be fed into my Instagram feed over the course of this month and of course the project will reach it's final finish on the 31st December!

It has been a real pleasure to share this journey of making 365 3 x 3" art cards with you here and on the Stencilgirl®Talk website. The great news is that I will be back as monthly Guest Designer for Stencilgirl  Products® in 2019 and I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to them for having me!

Enjoy the festive season, whatever you may be celebrating! And don't forget to have some art time just for you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails