Thursday 10 January 2019

Windows Journal Quilts

Hope everyone enjoys entering a New Year filled with art and creativity. If so, you’re in the right place as Stencilgirl®Talk is full of it every day of the year. I count myself very lucky to be back as monthly Guest Designer!

I’m starting off the year with a stitching project. I have been making journal quilts since 2004 and thought it was about time to share 2 with you here. Journal quilts are quite simply small quilts (usually A4 or American Letter size) that tell a story. Here in the UK Grosvenor Shows organize a yearly competition for Journal Quilts that travel with their shows to venues all over the country. Each year there is a new theme and for this year that theme is: Windows.

When I read about the theme I immediately thought of Stencilgirl®'s stencil L163 Window Ledger 9 and here are the results. You can read more about the process on the Stencilgirl®Talk website today.
The journal quilts themselves are with Grosvenor now and will be making their first appearance at the Spring Quilt Festivals and then at Quilt UK in Malvern later on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails