Friday 26 April 2019

Spring in the City Rozette

I recently received some lovely news in that my quilt Spring in the City won second prize in the Comtemporary Quilt Category of the British Quilt and Stitch Village show held at the Uttoxeter Race Course. The quilt itself arrived back home safely today, accompanied by a blue rozette and certificate. That meant I could take the above picture of it.
This quilt is one of a series of work inspired by our trip to New York back in March/April 2016. Although the quilts in this series all look quite differently they started life in the many photographs I took during that trip. This flower one has now sparked a whole series of it's own featuring flowers as I fell quite in love with making them. So you can expect more. Needless to say they are amazingly time consuming as the flowers are all hand embroidered and embellished. I used Hero Arts stamps for them.
You can read more about this particular quilt (which went through a tedious revision during the making process!) in a previous blog post here. All the efforts have paid off handsomely in the end!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails