Monday 3 February 2020

Skyscapes Project

You will have noticed that during the past month a lot of sky pictures have started to appear here. Despite my New Year's resolution not to do any year long projects I still went ahead and am doing a self imposed one where I take at least one picture of a skyscape and post it on my Instagram feed. I had started to notice during December how fantastic the skies were and wanted to capture their ever changing nature on a daily basis with the hashtag #skyscapes2020. Some will occur here too.

At the same time I have registered as a BBC Weather Watcher as it occurred to me that it would fit in nicely with the skyscape theme. To my delight several of my pictures have already appeared on the television screen during various weather forecasts.

This is my skyscape for today, taken en route from the dog walk no further than a couple of miles from home. It was a very dramatic one and I don't expect all my skyscapes will look equally impressive but so far the project has already given me an even greater appreciation for the beautiful place I live in.



We also have very variable weather. Today has seen sunshine, rain, sleet, wet snow and fierce winds. During the afternoon walk in the forest I kept checking the skies for a rainbow but none appeared. But in an effort to take pictures of the sparkling raindrops hanging off the branches of the trees I somehow managed to produce my very own double rainbow on a photograph. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails