Friday 9 July 2021

StencilGirl July 2021 Project



We are slowly nearing the end of Ben Okri’s poem that I have been illustrating as part of my monthly projects for StencilGirl, and have reached the words: “The dream is real, and the real is a dream”. Too true! This entire period of our lives has seemed extremely surreal and it is hard to imagine what our “normal” lives before the end of 2019 looked liked. I somehow think that that sort of normality will probably never fully return but hopefully our real world will slowly become a nicer dream. I also liked the words as they gave me the opportunity to use one of my most favourite stencils, one of those I keep aside on a separate pile, for special occasions. It is stencil L519 Lyrical Leaves. It’s based on the principle of NotanNōtan is a Japanese design concept involving the play and placement of light and dark elements as they are placed next to the other in the composition of art and imagery. This stencil does this beautifully and also seemed to resonate with the difference between dreams and reality, so the scene was set to make this spread. Here is the link to the tutorial:








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails