Monday 3 September 2018

Melancholy Sketchbook



Sometimes I am my own worst enemy in that I don't seem to be able to resist new projects and events. And temptation is all around on the internet!

I have been making yearly sketchbooks for The Sketchbook Project for more years than I care to remember but when their latest one popped up in my emails I promptly navigated to the site and that right finger just had to click the Buy button. I decided to combine this sketchbook with my monthly project as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl  Products® this September,as I have done before, so if you're interested you can follow a step-by-step tutorial for this journal on Stencilgirl®Talk site, together with a list of all the stencils I used.

The journal The Sketchbook Project sends you is sized 5 x 7" which I have to say is close to my ideal size for working in. I always undo the stapled binding and replace it with a sewn one for added stability.

The Sketchbook Project also provided us with a list of themes and once again I followed my first intuition and choose MELANCHOLY. Just because that was the mood I was in at the time.

Here are all the pages in the order they appear in the journal.









Yes, it will be hard to part with this one, as has been the case with all the other ones but of course I have the pictures on my hard drive and The Sketchbook Project also digitizes the sketchbooks you send them (for an additional cost). Plus the sketchbook gets to go off and travel further afield than The Brooklyn Art Library where it will eventually find a permanent home. Last year's one has already been to Toronto, Canada, Chicago, IL and it will be going to Atlanta, GA later this month.It has also been part of a summer residency at Governor's Island in NYC during the weekends in August.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails