Sunday 8 April 2007

Red Inchies


I did not think I would have time to finish them but yesterday was another gorgeous sunny day with great light till long into the evening so I made the red inchies for the swap I'm hosting on www.atcards.com. They use a stitched background with free machining in spirals, an image from www.divasdeste.com CD no. 2 which I printed out onto fabric very small, added a Altered Pages transparency with red in a variety of languages, finished off with a lot of beading and some overhand stitching around the edges. I'm so into these small beautiful inchies now that I plan to go through the entire colourwheel on the Atcard site in due course. But red is so close to my hart I thought I would start off with that. It's a 9 for 9 swap and I can't wait to see what everyone else is coming up with. We're all using different media so it will make for an interesting mix!


I'm off to visit my mother in The Netherlands this coming week (John is looking after all my babies!) so no almost nightly chats and new art but I'm hoping to work on my purple and orange ATCs for Mailartbydesign and will show these to you as soon as I'm back again. Just checked in with the KLM online, so I can spend a bit more time asleep. My flight leaves at 6 am!!! Up at 4.30!!
Happy arting everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails