Friday 16 November 2007

Warning!! Vintage Nude 4x4


We've made it through an entire year of 4 x 4" mingles on the MailArtbyDesign Yahoo group and the group will be winding up at the end of this year. The last theme for the mingles was Vintage Nude and I've been looking forward all year to this one. It's getting ever harder to have this as a swap theme so whenever the opportunity presents itself I dive right in.

The title of this one is: Wine and wenches, and I can't tell you how pleased I was to come up with this one from my Book of Quotations. The background is a fabric/paper collage (originally made for my September Journal Quilt this year) and I choose an image from Alphastamps Kisses sheet. This is one of their Tahlulahs sheets which are just so stunning, I have a feeling I made end up having to get all of them. I added a Rub-On Love Heart in the shape of a postage stamp in the top left corner and overstamped this with an Alphastamps envelope with radiating rays, using Staz-on red ink.

This piece is really quite naughty, just read all the text hidden in the background and honestly, I did not realize till the piece was made, how these sayings could be interpreted. Or maybe it's just me!! Enough said, have a look if you like but if you are easily offended, I would give it a miss!!

I only hope Sue S, who will receive this 4 x 4 will like it but as she signed up for the theme, I hope she will.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

I LOVE it frieda! Awesome. Your fabric collages are so well done. I am looking forward to hosting an Alpha Stamps Tallulah's swap in the new year & I know that you for one, are interested too!

Jo Anne O. said...

Hi Frieda! I am so glad I found your blog! I use to be in an ATC group with you and have some of your work! I am eager to get caught up with your lovely work!
Smiles! Jo Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails