Thursday 13 December 2007

Quilties in Classic Stitches Magazine


I was Christmas shopping in a garden centre (Dobbies) today, more to admire the displays which were amazing, than to actually shop although I managed to pick up some great napkins for future collages. It was of course as busy as can be at this time of the year and there were long queues at the check-out. The magazines on sale were conveniently located by the tills to entice you to read (and buy!) something while waiting. I saw the new Classic Stitches magazine (Issue no. 84) and grapped it and loo and behold, there was the article I wrote for them quite some time ago about quilties and a quiltie swap I did this year with the theme of Favourite Artists.
They also used some of my other quilties as illustration, such as the Paperwhimsy quiltie. The quilties look wonderful in the pictures, some are actually pictured larger than life and I'm just SO PLEASED with how the whole article looks and with the entire lay-out! It's just great!I know this magazine is for sale in the US but if not, you can also order copies on their website.

3 comments:

theresa martin said...

Congratulations! The article looks beautiful - well, it would with photos of your beautiful work in it!

Debby said...

Yeah!!!! Way to go Frieda! That certainly is the icing on the cake.
I have loved this since the first day I saw it. Gorgeous work.
Debby

Unknown said...

Christmas came early for you then Frieda - so HAPPY for you, credit where credit is due my mum always says and I agree with her wholeheartedly - WELL DONE!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! FOR FRIEDA THE QUILTIE QUEEN..........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails