Sunday 23 December 2007

A very Happy Christmas and a great 2008 to all my blogreaders!!


Finally it's time to reveal my final Journal Quilt for this year. It's part of the Journal Quilts I've been making for the Contemporary Group of the British Quilters' Guild and we actually made the full 12 for this project, in A4 size.

As my theme this year was the history of the names of the months, the events that take place during it etc. ,I could not get around Christmas for the December Journal. As I've mentioned before, Christmas is most definitely not my favourite time of year, and I'm not really a winter person either. However the fabric/paper collage I made for December simply had to have intimations of the festive season, so I choose to use images of angels etc. The Xmas theme also dictated that I made imitation baubles for the Journal Quilt, by scanning in the collage and then printing out selected areas of it onto linen sheets (from Crafty Computer Paper) and then made them into circles. More sparkle was added with beads, shiny buttons and bead tassels.

In the end this journal ended up by being one of my favourites of this years' lot. It's festive but not overwhelmingly Christmassy.
It's amazing to think that I started this blog in December 2006 and by now, a little over a year later, I've had more than 10.000 visitors. It has been wonderful to share my art with you all! I've so enjoyed all the comments too, keep them coming!

Despite my feeling re the Xmas festivities, I wish everyone a really happy time and I hope 2008 will be a peaceful year for everyone, filled with love, fun and art!!

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

Happy Xmas to you too. My best wishes for next year from Spain

Feliz Navidad
mercedes

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful. It definitely brings to mind the feeling of the season ... and I love the circles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails