Tuesday 29 January 2008

A, a piece for Alphastamps


I've made another piece using the goodies from my Alphastamps package. This is the first page in a blank board book which I hope to fill with pieces of Alphastamps art. The size of this piece is 5 x 7.5" and it's simply called A.

The background is a piece of calico (called muslin in U.S.) which I sprayed with Moon Shadow Mist sprays and then overstamped with a detail of the Alphastamps Principles of Writing stamp. I added a piece of purple felt (Wool Felt Set from Alphastamps) which I cut with pinking shears. Onto this I stitched with zigzag a paper image from the Chalkboard Collage Sheet. I surrounded the image with purple size 11 seed beads and added 2 purple face pebbles on the A and C. Underneath I stitched a piece of a lovely Alphastamps ribbon, from the (Mostly) Metallic Jacquards .
At the sides and the top I sewed pieces of an ABC fabric (from Equilter) which has as its border the inchie tape measure. Another tape measure from another fabric was added at the bottom.
Finally I stamped on the 3 nibs image from the Pen and Ink Clear Stamp Set using purple and a inkpad suitable for fabric.
I'm really looking forward to making more pages for this board book and filling it to the brim with Alphastamps art!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

whatching your blog.....beautiful work...always inspired...

Debby said...

Yummy!!! This piece is gorgeous!

Debby

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails