Sunday 2 March 2008

Golden Inchies

Our old ATC and inchies swap site (ATcards) is now completely gone and we have moved en masse to our new and gorgeous site ATCsforAll. I had been running a series of colour inchies swaps on the previous site and will continue them on the new one. The silver inchies swap will be mailed out tomorrow as I spend today swapping them all out and I even managed to make my own ones for the golden inchies swap which is due to me by the end of this month. Normally I try and make my inchies as soon as I've posted the swap but it was not to be for the goldies. Still they're done now!

I used a lovely gold looking fabric (from Cabbage Patch fabrics), layered it up with another gold looking fabric and machine stitched it with gold thread using one of the decorative stitches on my machine. I then cut the fabric into 1" size. I've used some of the resulting inchies before in my January Journal Quilt this year. The rest were for this swap and I've added golden sequins and beads to make the inchies complete!
Not much else came out of my hands today as I'm recovering from my day visit to Aberdeen yesterday. It was a lovely drive up with sunshine all the way. I loved the way it sparkled on the sea making it look a beautiful turquoise but nevertheless it was a 300 miles round trip so a bit of a rest was definitely in order! I'm going to have a TV viewing evening, enjoying From Lark Rise to Candleford and then Monty Don's 80 gardens of the world. The only 2 programmes I have to watch (they are so beautifully filmed, a treat for the eye) and they're both on the same day!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails