Saturday 7 June 2008

More Fairytale ATCs

As promised here are the last 3 ATCs for the Fairytale ATC Swap on the Alphastamps Yahoo Group.
The first two are very alike and are both made on a background of needled felt. I used my Embellisher (Pfaff) to make this by putting lots of yarns on a background of purple wool felt and needling them in so that the felt is hardly visible anymore. I like to do this mindless activity when I'm sort of thinking about the project I'm working on as it allows me to let my mind wonder where it wills!

The first one is called Roses are red and uses an image from Alphastamps Sleeping Beauty #3 collage sheet together with roses from Roses#1 sticker sheet. Both have been stitched onto the felted background. The text is made with a Dymo writer and after layering up felt with a watercolour paper ATC I zigzag stitched around the edges and also added size 11 seed beads in pink.
The other card uses the same image but this time from Sleeping Beauty #3 sticker sheet so that you can see the background through it. It has been stitched on. To accompany her I added the mouse from the Cinderella Borders sticker sheet. The card is called: Not a Mouse, and the full text (from a quotation book) reads: Not a mouse shall disturb this hallow'd house. It's been finished in the same way as Roses are Red.

Finally I used another felted background for the next card but this time it is felt made in the traditional way using wool roving, water and soap and a lot of elbow grease! Onto this I added another image from Alphastamps Sleeping Beauty #3 sheet, again in sticker form so that the felted background can still be seen. To the sleeping ladies I added a rose image (in sticker form and from Alphastamps Roses #1 sheet) and the text Do we wake or sleep? The edges were finished in the same way as described above.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

yummy!! I have never done any kind of needle-felting, but can attest to it's loveliness anfter trading with you in the ABDesign ATC swap. I believe you needlefelted the background for your gypsy/diva ATCs, mmmm! It is really a lovely look & texture. So colorful too, the way you do it Frieda -I like!!

Yours creatively,
Lenna Andrews in Avon, CT USA
http://www.alittlecreativespace.com
http://creativeswaps.blogspot.com

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow your work is just stunning. Will definetly be following your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails