Tuesday 19 August 2008

I want my tea


This is another project with the Alice in Wonderland goodies from Alphastamps! It was made quite some time ago but what with my mother's visit this is the first opportunity for me to show it on my blog.

It's a fabric postcard, which was started with some velvet like fabric in cream which was layered up with Fast2Fuse (now also available from Alphastamps!). This was then machine quilted using one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine. The paper images (all from the Mad Hatter's Teaparty #1 sheet from Alphastamps) were glued on and then surrounded by frames from the Alphastamps Inchies sticker sheet, which will be coming soon, in the meantime there is also a great inchies clear stamp set. The text I want my tea was made with my Dymo writer on transparent, self-adhesive tape, and I also surrounded it with decorative machine stitching in turquoise, picking up the colour from Alice's chair.

I added a gelato spoon (after adding the text with Dymo writer) by glueing and also a bit of stitching and outlined it with hand done running stitch, again in turquoise.

By hand, I also added sparkling turquoise size 11 seed beads all over the surface of the card.

I ironed a backing fabric to the other side of the Fast2Fuse and finished off the fabric card with a turquoise transparent ribbon (Threadart) around the edges.

A fun project which was sort of inspired by the words I want my tea, uttered by old-fashioned husbands as they returned home from work. I don't think there are many of these left and certainly the one who lives here, would not dare!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails