Wednesday 24 September 2008

Christmas Tree Ornament

I reckoned I might as well keep on the Christmas trail while the going was good and spend today making a Christmas Tree Ornament with my Alphastamps goodies.




To start with I made a rough drawing of an evergreen tree shape till I was happy with it and this was transferred with a Sharpie to both green and red felt (available from Alphastamps) and cut out. I also cut out a triangular shape with a rounded bottom edge from the green tree (make a template first if you're nervous about cutting out a rough shape). I looked for an image of Santa carrying gifts and found a really lovely one on Alphastamps Christmas Gnomes collage sheet. This was sandwiched between the two felt trees. I first straight stitched and zigzagged around the outside edges of the tree with gold thread and also added straight gold stitching around the cut out opening, thereby holding the image in place. Make a hole (I used my Crop-a-Dile) and set an eyelet in both top and bottom of the tree as shown.

I then used one of the Memory Making frames from the Alphastamps Santa Ornament Kit and found a lovely image of sleeping children on the Square Santas collage sheet. They are definitely dreaming of the wonderful gifts Santa will bring them! On top of that image I put a frame of leaves (to go with the tree!), which comes from the Alphastamps 2 Inch Borders Sticker sheet. On the back I used another image from the Square Santas sheet, with Best Wishes for Christmas. These were put into the frame with glass on both sides, following the manufacturers' instructions.

I used a bendable ribbon from the Santa Ornament Kit and laced this through the square ornament, then through the bottom hole on the tree, leading it up the back of the tree (see picture above) and back out through the top bottom. There is enough left to hang it in a tree with.

Here is a picture of it hanging in one of the evergreens in our garden and I'm glad to say there is no snow in sight yet!!!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

oooh, Frieda! very nice. I love seeing this hanging outside on an evergreen, it looks fantastic. The combination of the soft felt tree and the image in the glass frame is a great contrast. Bravo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails