Tuesday 23 September 2008

Queen of Hearts ATC


I joined an ATC swap on the ATCsforAll site with the title Fabric Mixed Media ATC Swap. I mean, how could I resist making a mix of my favourite medium, fabric, with another medium. I choose to use stamping and also beading and other embellishment.

As my background I used a copper lame fabric with black stripes in it (very temperamental but worth it!). This was machine quilted on felt with copper thread. I stamped the image of the Queen of Hearts (Alphastamps) onto calico (muslin in US) with blue Fabrico ink and heat set it. Then cut it out and coloured in the roses with a pink colouring pencil. It was stitched onto the background with blue thread. I also added size 11 seed beads in the centre of the roses and sewed on a heart shaped pink button as shown.

The piece was layered up with backing fabric and the edges were finished with blue satin stitching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails