Tuesday 28 October 2008

Shades of Autumn


After a weekend of rains and gales that were so bad that I did not manage the trip to Glasgow for the Creative Stitches exhibition the weather seems to feel that it has to make up for this aberration and has spoiled us today with a sumptious sunny day. The prize to pay for this is that it's very cold but I don't mind that at all, when all around us the beauty is simply overwhelming. Some of the leaves seem to radiate light. The picture above is simply a taste of all that glorious colour given to us by nature itself.


And here you can just see my shadow while busily photographing some of the beech trees, which I don't think I have ever seen before with this deep, rich, luscious shade.

I promise that later on this week I'll show you a Halloween piece to get in the mood for all things spooky, and then when the weekend comes I will also reveal my Journal Quilt 2008 for Houston, which I think is one of the best art I've ever made.

So keep reading! And of course thanks so much for doing so and feel free to leave a comment if you like!!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

Love your photos Frieda, and I cannot wait to see your journal quilt! : ^ ) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails