Wednesday 19 November 2008

Two Fabric Postcards


I used a background I made some time ago to make two more fabric postcards today. Sometimes I go for a long time without making them and then all of a sudden I get the urge and make some. It might have been talking about them during my talk in Limerick that brought it on but I also needed to make some gifts.

Anyway, the background is a copper/black lame mix which was machine quilted with a decorative stitch. This was cut to the 4 x 6" size and black vintage lace was added to both cards (from Lost Art Creations). I added images from my own postcards, printed onto fabric and quotations, one about charm (printed onto Extravorganza) and the other on fabric. Black shine size 11 seed beads were stitched on by hand. The edges were finished with black satin stitching.


These cards really sparkle although this is hard to see on the scans!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails