Sunday 10 May 2009

Lovers Necklace

Oh dear, 6 days without blogging and you must have been wondering what was up, but in fact something was down and it was my internet connection. My e-mail worked okay but Internet Explorer seemed to be playing up non-stop.

In the meantime I kept busy quilting and teaching but all now seems back to normal and in the meantime I discovered that I had made a necklace with my beads and other goodies from Alphastamps but had failed to upload it here or to the Alphastamps Gallery. I found it hidden under some magazines on my desk (that will teach me to clear up occasionally!) and here it is together with the instructions:


Lovers necklace

Cut a piece of Soft Flex Fine. String 1 gold crimp bead, one side of the copper toggle clasp, back through the crimp bead and crimp.
String on one size 11 matte green seed bead and one green round bead (Alphastamps) 15 times (or more if you want a longer necklace), followed by 1 seed bead, 1 leaf bead (Alphastamps), 1 seed bead, 1 round green bead 4 times, plus another seed bead and 1 green round bead.
String through a gold crimp bead, a link of copper chain, back through the crimp bead and crimp.
Repeat the above for the other side of the necklace.

Attach the other side of each of the short (5 links) chain to the copper fern connector (Alphastamps) using a 5 mm copper jump ring.

Make the pendant by putting in an image from the Alphastamps Lovers fabric collage sheet (one of my favourite Alphastamps sheets!) and adding 3D Crystal Lacquer, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.

On a copper eyepin, add 1 green round bead, one copper leaf bead, 1 green round bead, another copper leaf bead, a green round bead and make a wrapped loop. Make 3 of these.
To one add the large flower pendant (Alphastamps), using a 5mm copper jump ring.
Using a 6 mm copper jumpring add the 3 eye pins to the bottom ring of the pendant, with the one with the flower in the middle.

Add a copper 6 mm jump ring to the top of the pendant, and finally, using another 6 mm jump ring, attach it to the centre of the copper fern connector.

© Frieda Oxenham 6.3.09

4 comments:

Maggi said...

That is so pretty and I love that pendant!

Tristan Robin said...

another knock-out!

do you sleep?

creativelenna said...

This is very beautiful, Frieda! You amaze me. Lovely!!! Glad you found it. P.s. I will be back home tomorrow afternoon, just checking out your blog while visiting my mom & dad. : ) lenna

Debby said...

Frieda, the necklace is stunning. Love it. What's next, my gosh you are a busy lady.
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails