Thursday 29 April 2010

Amaryllis


Guilt seems to overcome me if I don't post here for a few days! But rather than signifying that I'm not doing much it usually means that I'm so busy that there is no time left for my blog!
I gave a talk yesterday evening and today was spend tidying everything used for the talk away again and on trying to decide on a background for the next quilt I'm putting together. That means fabrics are gathered from all corners of my studio and then auditioned to see if they are what the quilt required. Usually what happens next is that I find just the RIGHT one and then discover I haven't got enough of it left to do the job. And once I've set my mind on one fabric I find it almost impossible to change it! It can be deeply frustrating. So finally I just grabbed the dogs and went for a walk, wandered around the garden to spot plants appearing and as it was quite warm outside sat in the courtyard for a bit and read a book!
And once back inside I could not help but admire the wonderful amaryllis that so far has produced 8 flowers and there is another bud to come. I will return to my quilt tomorrow, hopefully with a fresh vision!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

The amaryllis is beautiful Frieda, as are you! I love reading your blog, you make me feel like I am not alone!!! Ha! I have not been here to comment for a few days -busy like you, but not with quilts, with art exchange details. none-the-less, you make me feel better, thank you!!
I will catch up with a letter soon : )) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails