Tuesday 6 April 2010

Vintage Spring ATCs


These ATCs are the only sign of Spring visible at the moment and I've made them as spring like as I could in order to provide some sunshine in my life. The weather is still unwilling to come up with the goods as although the snow has mostly gone again, it remains very grey, cold, windy and wet.

The ATCs were made for the swap I'm hosting on the ATCsforAll site (there is still time to join us if you like!) and you will recognize the background as part of the same fabric-paper collage I used for the Spring Marie and the Alphastamps Spring ATCs.


On top of this background I sewed transparencies from one of my favourite collage sheets by Artchix Studio i.e. Spring Blossoms which features antique engravings of flower bulbs and insects as well as vintage text. I added the text from the same sheet but this time used the paper variety rather than the transparency. Finally I added green brads (flower shaped) and in 2 cases also a sparkly butterfly. The cards were finished by yellow zig-zag stitching around the edges. The one at the top is the one I decided to keep myself and I named that one S is for Spring. It will form part of my Alphabet ATCs. Not much progress has been made with that series and I think it was because I was doing them in alphabetical order and that meant I was pushing some cards where they did not want to go textwise. So now I'm doing them in random order and this one almost shouted out that it wanted to be the S card!

3 comments:

Maggi said...

So beautiful! Your swappers are lucky to be getting these! I hope you see some Spring soon!

Unknown said...

Found your blog today and absolutely love it!! Will be back!!!

creativelenna said...

Frieda, i find these ATCs breathtaking. I love to see you using the transparency sheet from ARTchix again; it is perfect for these. It lets your fabric paper shine through and is so complimentary! These cards will certainly bring spring to Macbiehill soon! xo lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails