Tuesday 22 June 2010

Macbiehill Walk


Much as I love and adore John, I sometimes (well quite often if truth be told) need time on my own to concentrate on thinking. I know quite a few artists meditate and I have tried but it's not really my kind of thing.

But when I go for a very long walk I loose myself in my thoughts while at the same time still able to observe my surroundings so during these long, sunny evenings I take myself off without husband or dogs, but with my camera (and also my mobile, although switched off). It's lonely on the hills (I've never met anyone!) and if something should happen there is no help out there so John makes me take the phone. The wild open spaces are what I love about being there, all the sounds are generated by nature and there is utter peace.

The absence of dogs also means a much better chance of seeing the wildlife and I have seen many deer, foxes, and buzzards while on the moors although none that will stand still long enough to take a picture. Fortunately the wild flowers (such as Scottish thistles and cotton grass) are more obliging.


Up there it's lovely and fresh because there is always a breeze. You can tell by the pictures of adjoining hills how high up I am during the walk. It was a wonderful way to celebrate the Solstice yesterday and I always return refreshed in mind and body.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails