Tuesday 19 April 2011

colour - quilts collage exhibition poster



While we were hanging the exhibition yesterday, the Museum Service also showed me the posters they had made for publicity purposes. I had given them a choice of images to use and was really pleased by the end result. They come in both A4 and A3 size. The image is a detail from the Journal Quilt Flames of Passion. This one was selected for the very last JQ show exhibited at the Houston Quilt Show in 2008 and subsequently travelled around the US to various venues. It will be hanging in the exhibition together with the other 3 JQs which together represent the 4 elements, Flames of Passion of course showing fire!


Mailed over 10 posters off this morning to a variety of venues and also distributed some to places near by. They are certainly very eye-catching and I hope they will entice people to visit.

5 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Absolutely a stunning poster!
Congratulations (again)!!

The Quilted Librarian said...

OOOOH, Marvelous poster! How I wish I could see your show in person.
Warm regards,
Dana

Amelia said...

gorgeous! And I do love collage. I tried some quilting last year and my goodness I found it hard and time consuming but I enjoyed every moment!

Amelia.x

arts4all said...

Definitely an eye-catching poster, and I like the alliterative title for the show. Know you are getting more excited by the moment ;-0

Ati said...

Fantastisch Frieda, je eigen expositie! Ik wens je heel veel sucses en veel publiek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails