Thursday 23 June 2011

Poppies and Rain



It happens almost every year so we should be used to it by now. When the poppies are about to come out, the rains also arrives and it's so sad to see what you have looked forward to all through the winter be washed out. Still nothing can be done about it and at least the forecast for tomorrow is for slightly better and sunnier weather.


And truth be told the poppies still look fantastic even adorned with rain drops. Such a papery texture and delicious colour. These pink ones are particularly spectacular and the decision for which picture to blip was difficult today. I sometimes ask John which he thinks is my best photograph for the day but then ignore his advice, so he's not that keen to give his opinion!


I did love all my poppy pictures although the first one shown here (2nd above) was my own favourite. John liked the photograph with the dark centre but we both rather took to the one of the wild rose with the trees and dark clouds in the background (shown at the top) so that's probably going to be "the one" today!

By the way, if you're new to this blog (welcome, welcome welcome!! so glad you're here) the word blip refers to an online photo site blipfoto, where you can sign up for free and then the idea is that you can upload ONE photo every day. You don't have to do so every day but the one rule set in stone is that you can only upload the photo for the same day you've actually taken it! That is already great fun in itself and although I used to take lots of photos already, being on this site has spurred me on to look even more at my surroundings and to even take pictures on drap, dull days, when before I would have left my camera at home.

4 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

Gosh, you're a great photographer -- beautiful photos.

creativelenna said...

fantastic photos, Frieda! I love the same poppy photo as you do . . . but the briar rose is beautiful. Lovely photos to greet me! xo lenna

Terri said...

Your poppy pictures are so delicate and lovely. What an amazing shade of pink! I think all the pictures are fab!
Hugs,
Terri

Georgina said...

You have really captured the strength and fragility Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails