Saturday 1 October 2011

Mellow Yellow Spread



In honour of our mini Scottish heatwave, now gone, I'm sharing another spread I did in my 2012 sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project. You can read all about this project here and this is my second year of participating. You can see my art for the 2011 Project here and just recently my photographs for the A Million Little Pictures were also digitally added under my artwork.


My theme this year is Monochromatic and each spread is dedicated to a different picture. A unifying presence are those little squares you can see on the right hand page. On the left you can just see a doily peeking out at the bottom. I had been using this as a stencil in my painting and suddenly realized how wonderfully yellow it looked. The page also features lots of doodling and I can't help adding to that whenever I work in the sketchbook, even on pages that I had thought were already finished. But this is probably the definitive page.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful, sunny and warm! What a great journal layout! It makes me feel like summer.
Glad you are having some good weather.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails