Wednesday 28 December 2011

Tibetan Bangle Bracelet



Despite all the festivities I did manage to finish my latest jewellery project. It's amazing how much you can get done in just half an hour of beading every day. For once, I made this Tibetan Bangle bracelet from a kit produced by someone other than Laura McCabe (although I remain a committed groupie!). This bracelet is designed by Cynthia Rutledge and I had been putting off starting it as the many pages of instructions held me back. But the end result beckoned and so I began. And once I did I discovered that although there were indeed a lot of instructions they were very clear and by simply following them each step of the way the bracelet came together beautifully. It's picture on the arm of my mannequin above



and here laying flat in warmer light which gives a better idea of the true colours. Now I just have to find a suitable occasion to wear it as it's much too cumbersome to stitch with. In fact I hardly wear anything around my arms or around my nect when I'm working, it's simply too much hassle. But when I'm out and about I do try and remember to display some of these wonderful pieces of jewellery.

1 comment:

Sharne Gregory said...

Thats a fantastic bracelet, I could be tempted to learn to bead!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails