Sunday 8 July 2012

Keeping an Eye on you

It's been quite a long time since I finished any beading and indeed I haven't done as much as I would like but just recently I have had a bit more time due to the arrival of broadband. So I picked up one of the beading kits by Laura McCabe, called Eye Spy and this is the finished result.

The eye is an antique prosthetic glass one, that Laura was able to obtain specially for her kits and it does indeed look frighteningly real. I love the slightly macabre look this gives the finished necklace but it's giving John the creeps so I will have to restrict wearing it to times when he's not with me. Like all Laura's kits the instructions were excellent and the necklace came together like a dream, giving me a taste for more.So hopefully it won't be long before you see the next item which also features an eye. Told you I really took to them!

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

well, the eye is a little bit un-nerving (!) as it looks so real but I love your beading! You are so good to try so many things and really stretch your creative muscles. xoxox

Linda Kunsman said...

it certainly does have a macabre look-the beading is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails