Monday 25 November 2013

A frozen world

Everything was frozen this morning and the world sparkled when I walked the dogs. The sun was only just appearing over the horizon at around 8 am! The hogweed almost looks better like this than in its summer attire.
In the field next door the grasses have stiffening up and look like icicles sticking up against the dark beech trees behind. Mendick Hill is in the background.
I love days like this despite the cold and made the most of the walks as the rest of the time I was back stitching like a woman possessed. Must admit that I'm not mad keen on this working to strict deadlines but on the plus side I am labouring so hard that my secret project will be ready before that deadline is upon me. And more importantly I'm very happy with it! It will remain a secret till next May when the Loch Lomond Quilt Show opens and you will be able to see it there or here on this blog.

2 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

really Frieda-I have to wait until next may??? Oh well, at least I know in the meantime you'll have lots of other pretties to share! Funny when you mentioned being a mad woman all I could think of was the movie "Madwoman of Chaillot" :) Your photos are beautiful despite how they do convey the cold weather.

Terri said...

Beautiful nature! I love frosty photography!
I had to laugh at "Back stitching like a mad woman" lol! I can imagine with all you do, it must come to this once in a while. I hate deadlines, but they are so effective at getting me motivated.
Now we have to wait until MAY???
hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails