Saturday 4 January 2014

The Gate of the Year

Following the completion of the diary cover made for The Documented Life Project (link also in the side bar) I also finished our first weekly assignment. It was to take a photograph of our front door and use that as inspiration. Our front door is not very inspiring and is also hardly ever used except by delivery companies so instead I went with the photograph of the gate in our garden that leads into the part of the garden (about 1/4 of an acre) that is fenced off for the chickens to use. It has weathered beautifully (although John tells me the colour is an indication of rotten wood!) and I used it for my first blip of 2014, so it seemed a natural progression to also use it for this first assignment. For the background I finally managed to persuade myself to use a painted page I did quite some time ago. I was getting way too attached to it and I'm determined to start using some of such treasured pieces. It formed a great background with the shining yellow light.
So here it is: the gate of the year!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love that you take the road less traveled! lol! Your gate page is wonderful! I love love love the dimensional aspect of the gate as well as the entire idea of it.
I am really enjoying seeing your art!
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails