Sunday 16 March 2014

Hello Spring

Our latest prompt for The Documented Life Project is: Cut up a magazine and add to your planner. As an inveterate buyer of magazines that shouldn't be too much of a problem and I grabbed a magazine from the top of the pile. It was the March edition of Country Homes & Interiors and it looked wonderfully sunny and bright even just looking at the cover.
I spotted the words Hello Spring on the cover and they were the first thing I cut out. Then my eye fell on a star punch that I had acquired on Friday during a visit to Hobbycraft (even though it wasn't at all on my list!). Well, I needed to justify that buy so I used it to cut out star shapes from images in the magazine that looked especially happy and springlike to my eyes. For the background I used a piece of painted paper that I had long been hoarding, liking it too much to put the scissors in it. This was it's moment.
I glued on the stars and set to embellishing them with paint markers, pens and finally water soluble oil pastels using my fingers to rub them along the edges of the stars.
The words Hello Spring were also glued on and then outlined with black pen. I thought about splattering some paint on top of it all but by this morning I had another look and the piece looked done to me without that so here it is. I also had the good sense to photograph it before tipping it into my 2014 Moleskine planner. I'm adding the pages as I go along each week so that made more sense and makes for better pictures too! I'm completely in love with this project and my, already bulging at the seams, planner. I will have to rebind it at some stage, seeing we're only in week 12.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

This is perfect Frieda and very clever use of your star punch!

peggy gatto said...

Total fun, I can see you loved creating this one, love it!!!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

I love these posts Frieda. Makes me want to join in but I resist as I already have too many things on the go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails