Tuesday 20 May 2014

Always Beautiful

As promised this is the week 21 page for The Documented Life Project and our remit this week was to add embroidery or embroidery floss to our page. I started once more with a gelli plate printed paper and then layered a picture of my own art (printed by Printagram), layered this with a piece of patterned card by stitching it on and added that card with more stitching to my page, in both cases using embroidery floss.
 You can see the stitching here in detail. I pre-made the holes with an awl to make it easier to stitch.
I added the words  Always Beautiful, and also stitched them on. The final additions were a cut out flower, torn patterned paper,  and the rub-on insect and butterflies. So far the week is living up to the sunny colours of this spread!

3 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

love the happy, sunshiny colors Frieda!

Jewels said...

Wonderful Frieda

Terri said...

Oh my! This is wonderful, fresh and so interesting! I love the sewing on it. The colors remind me of summer.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails