Wednesday 6 August 2014

La Linea d'oro 8 Journal Quilt


It seems almost impossible to believe but it's August already! And therefore time to show you the latest Journal Quilt made for the Contemporary Quilt Group challenge. The rules this year are to make the Journal Quilt 8 x 8" and to have a line running through it from side to side. I choose to make that line gold, hence the titles of all of the quilts. I aim to put them all together at the end of this year into one large wall hanging.
For the background I used cottons that I had painted using the gelli plate and acrylic paints. I used an iron-on interfacing and laid out bits of those cottons on top, then ironed them down and over stitched the edges of the pieces with machine satin stitch. Then I cut out 8 x 8" pieces from this background to make each individual journal quilt. More circles were added, in this case one large one as can be seen above. This was appliquéd by hand using a buttonhole stitch.
After that I ran riot with the embellishments such as beads and sequins. I hand quilted too as you can see above, and ran over the machine satin stitch once more.
 I'm really looking forward to putting them all together (and yes, all the JQs for this year are already finished) but I'm leaving them for now as it's so much easy to photograph them separately.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

so many sequins & stitching!!! I cannot wait to see it all put together :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails