Monday 24 November 2014

Grateful to be Alive

The theme for The Documented Life Project week 48 challenge was very appropriate for today which is our wedding anniversary. It was: Depict Gratitude in a creative way. There is much I'm grateful for and at first I wanted to fill the page with words but in the end they can all be encapsulated into this: Grateful to be Alive.

This page started with a collage of magazine pictures that I really liked, mainly featuring plants and flowers. I painted over this with acrylic paint in matching colours and then added the stickers (made from my own Instagram pictures by Printagram). I stamped the text and added the word Eclectic as I might well make that my word for 2015 and it has also been used frequently to describe my art.

I added the stamped hearts (to refer to our anniversary) and coloured in some areas with markers and outline pens.My 2014 planner is getting very full now (I promise to share a picture of it at the end of the year) but I love how it's looking and am rather torn about what I want to do next year. I could add planner pages to my Dylusions journal but I think I will continue to use an actual planner and tip in the pages, just like I have done this year. But no need yet to make a final decision as I have both planner and art journal to hand. In the meantime I'm being taken for lunch!

 

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

❤Happy anniversary Frieda & John! I love this planner page and your expression of gratitude. I too, am grateful to be alive!❤

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous mixed media page Frieda! Enjoy your lunch!

Miss Iowa said...

Happy anniversary, Frieda! Thanks for sharing the story behind your page. I bought a Dylusions journal to do the 2015 Documented Life Project. It will be a challenge for me to journal that often so I hope I stick with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails