Saturday 21 February 2015

Mendick Hill

 It was a very splendid morning to drive to the monthly meeting of Thistle Quilters. Deceptively so. The sun was shining but ice was on the road, as well as a fluttering of snow on the hills as well as in our garden. I set off taking due care and attention in the lane and could feel it was slippery on some of the hills. But I also saw how beautiful the landscape looked specially Mendick Hill near West Linton.
So I stopped in a Passing Place to take a picture and somehow entirely forgot about how carefully I had been driving when I stepped out of the car and was only saved by the car door from slipping. And that despite wearing my ski boots! All was well though and I think you will agree that the pictures were worth it.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

such gorgeous views Frieda! I so wish I had views like that rather than city life with dirty snow , lots of cars, noise and fumes. So glad there was no mishap with the ice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails