Monday 23 February 2015

Moments Page

We woke up to about an inch or so of snow and an icy wind so after braving both on the dog walk, what better way to spend the day than to retreat to the studio and do some work. I'm just pleased I managed to get where I wanted to go over the past few days. It's snowing again now.

For The Documented Life Project 2015 we are still working with February's theme: Layers you will Love. For this week our art challenge is: Repeating Elements, and the art journalling prompt: It's worth repeating.
After last week's spread in the Dylusions journal I have reverted back to making a page to fit into my planner (sized 7.1/4 x 8.1/4") but I did use thick watercolour paper that I had gessoed beforehand. To make my many background layers I put this month's Stencilgirl Club stencils to good use. I was going to count the layers but once I get going, I lose track quickly in order to keep the momentum going. There are many layers of stencilling, one of rubber stamping (French text) and one of adding washi tape (also with French text). I dribbled ink on one layer and glued on the 3 stamps (his moment is definitely been and gone!) on yet another. My own handwriting was also added and the Moments word was added towards the end (stamped). I used a split complimentary colour scheme although even I didn't notice that till it was done!
The repeating elements came from using the same stencils over and over, the 3 postage stamps, the 3 circles, the 3 ink droppings etc. While working the words Life is a Repetition of Moments came to my mind. At first I thought it must be a quotation but I can't find it anywhere so this might even be an original thought! I knew I had the large MOMENTS stamp (from Hero Arts) so that seemed the perfect accompaniment.
The final step consisted of outlining with a variety of markers as you can see in detail above. I'm loving this working with layers and might well continue with them even when the month is over.

3 comments:

peggy gatto said...

The harmony of colors is amazing, they flow together and yet not muddy colors but so rich, beautiful design!

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous colors and layers!

creativelenna said...

really lovely colors and layers, Frieda. I really like this spread.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails