Monday 2 March 2015

High Five Page

Weatherwise this is a very strange kind of day. We woke to a couple of centimetres of snow.  There has also been wonderful sunshine but mixed in with sudden intense snow showers. After an outing to Penicuik I'm back in the studio and it's time to show you the weekly page made for The Documented Life Project 2015 (DLP15). We are still working February's theme of: Layers You will Love, as posting our weekly tasks happens on Saturday and last Saturday was the last day of the month. Our art challenge was: Use at least 5 layers, and the Journal Prompt: Give me a High Five.
I started by putting gesso on my page (sized to fit into my planner at 7 x 8.1/4") and then added colour with a variety of paints using my 8" round gelli plate and a Stencilgirl stencil. Five vintage papers were adhered on and more paint was scraped over the page. I added imagery using an art stamp from Stampers Anonymous, and then dripped some yellow ink over the page.
 I glued on 3 pieces of torn underpaper (the blue and pink bits), added black and white dots using sequin waste, added 3 pieces of washi tape and finally I added the number FIVE top right (it did say High Five!) using another Stencilgirl stencil, this time only available in the Stencilgirl Club. It was December's offering.

The butterfly transparency was glued on and the final step was to outline everything using white and black markers as well as water-soluble oil pastels. The edge of the page was outlined with a black stamp pad. So I think I definitely did at least 5 layers and it was in fact about 10 or more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails