Wednesday 13 May 2015

May Blossom

How does it happen that you are actively looking out for something and yet not notice that it has appeared? I have been keeping an eye out for the blossom on our crap apple trees since I first started to see photographs of blossom on the Blipfoto site, starting quite some time ago. That blossom shown there was located down in the South of the country and I knew it would take time before we saw it here but somehow I must have missed it emerging.
It was only yesterday when we were walking with friends in our garden that I suddenly saw all the lovely delicate flowers were here, and so were bees and butterflies feasting on them.
Fortunately the bitterly cold wind from yesterday didn't do any damage and today it's a lot less windy and milder so hopefully the flowers will be with us in the days to come.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

what a beautiful blossom with so many stamens sticking out. I never notices or remembered this! We had crab apple trees in CT. Beautiful ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails