Sunday 10 May 2015

Stitch with a Smile

May's theme for The Documented Life Project 2015 remains Touchy Feely. And the Art Challenge: Stitching was right up my street. Our Journalling Prompt was: "All that I'm after is life full of laughter". What a joyful week we have ahead of us! I started with a previously gelli plate printed page on which I used Stencilgirl's L304 Shattered Stencil.  I filled in some of the rays with French newspaper text by glueing it on, using the stencil as a guideline to cut the paper. A circle, also with that French text, was added to the centre and on it I glued a clown image from Alpha Stamps.
Then I stitched around the rays and the centre using black thread as you can see above. The next step was to stamp on the STITCH word and add the text: With a Smile. I also stitched around the latter.
The STITCH letters were filled in with a red glitter pen. I then went to work with the water soluble oil pastels adding colours to the text rays and putting on the blue circles which were also outlines. This was a good week for me and yes, it's true, I do usually stitch with a smile on my face, and stitching makes me happy.

3 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Pure fun!!! Love the image. Actually I like clowns!

Linda Kunsman said...

and your stitching makes ME happy too-fab page Frieda!

creativelenna said...

love your stitches on paper : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails