Saturday 25 July 2015

Circles

It's evidence of how much I enjoyed Flora Bowley's class on Life Book 2015 this week that I did not one but 3 pages and I'm definitely going to do some more in the near future. As I explained in my earlier post about her class, she calls her process Brave Intuitive Painting and it means starting to paint without any pre-conceived ideas about the outcome of the process. In this piece circles emerged eventually (as they tend to do a lot in my work).

While photographing this page and specially when taking pictures of the details I once again thought about how this might work on fabric and in fact a flash of inspiration came my way to tell me what I wanted to do with it.

I'll let it stew for a bit and if I still think I will work I will be getting on with getting this printed out onto fabric yardage. Exciting stuff! And I'm grateful that that spark came to light as inspiration and joy have not been around a lot lately.

 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

This is a great piece. I can see it equally well as a flowy summer skirt or a canvas tote. Very nice.

creativelenna said...

Dear Frieda, I love what you have done with the brave intuitive painting course and your idea to have it printed out on fabric is wonderful. So glad for that bit of inspiration and joy for you! Grab on to it and go!!! Sending love from wolfe island xoxo

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails