Monday 27 July 2015

No One Listened

I feel very lucky indeed to be back today as the Guest Designer for Stencilgirl. It's a honour to be asked and a joy to work with their stencils. You can read a very detailed tutorial about how these pages (made in my Dylusions Journal) came to be on their very informative website Stencilgirltalk today.

The title refers to the unfortunate situation Scottish voters find themselves in, having to undergo 4 elections in as many years. The referendum vote on whether or not Scotland stays in the UK and the vote for the British Parliament are now behind us, while the voting for the Scottish Parliament and a referendum whether or not Britain stays in the EU is still to come. As a result many people (me included) have gone off politics completely. There is only so much biased information we can all bear to listen too.
On the plus side I have finally managed to wean myself of my news junkie tendencies and instead let the gentleness of craft shopping channels wash over me while judging newspapers on the quality of their sudoku puzzles. In the time I'm saving I make art! Personally I think many politici would do well to follow suit.
Sadly though they have our future in their hands depending on the result of all those votes. Let's hope we can trust them with it. 
A lot of different techniques were applied to make these pages including washi tape and a small gelli plate. I used many Stencilgirl stencils in this spread. Here they are: \L348 Doodle It Borders, L231 Tangled Tribal Hand, S261 Fridge Poetry and S214 Past, Present, Future.
Hope you enjoy these pages and I'm happy to be able to tell you that I will be back as Stencilgirl's Guest Designer in the months to come, including detailed descriptions of how I come up with my work, all to be found, like today's contribution, on Stencilgirl Talk.

3 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so very fresh and fun! Great use of the stencils and congrats on the feature. Amazing pages...

creativelenna said...

Wonderful news about doing more guest designer work for StencilGirl! They are very lucky to have you as you use their stencils so well! I adore the colorfulness of this page. I was also glad to read more on what it was about and will never forget being with you in Scotland when you voted for the referendum last September. Will check out the SG website for more details!

Linda Kunsman said...

Stencil Girl couldn't have chosen a better artist to represent their stencil art than you Frieda-your projects are all so brilliant!! I don't know how you are able to keep track of all that you do and use though to create such deeply layered projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails