Wednesday 29 July 2015

This Moment

The latest challenge on The Documented Life Project 2015 was right up my street dealing with issues of time. We are staying with our July theme of Ephemera, while the art challenge is: Real Life, and the Journalling Prompt: At This Moment. Time plays a large role in my journalling and whenever I see the image of a clock in any magazine I immediately cut it out because I know I will want to use it sometime soon!

After the pale colours from last week's spread I decided to go brighter and this spread began and ended with gold. The first layer was gold paint and the last one a gold Mica spray. I also used a lot of red as you can see and that was inspired by the figure I wanted to use. You have seen her before (on this spread for Stencilgirl) and although she was smaller than I would have liked ideally, it still worked. For the background I used baby wipes to rub back the paint through a variety of Stencilgirl stencils (stencil from the February 2015 Stencilgirl Club, Random Marks, and Aztec Sun Large Stencil). Vintage collage elements were added and I rubber stamped the word MOMENTS ( from Hero Arts) on 3 times as shown.
Then the main imagery was glued on. The painting shown above  is by G. F. Watts and called Time, Death & Judgement.
Acrylic ink in a variety of colours was dribbled down the pages. I also added lots of journalling about moments around the spread. All came from my head but some of it probably comes from quotations stored there. This writing is mainly a message to myself to go back to living in the moment as I try to do as much as possible. I haven't done too well with it in the past weeks though!
The final touch was to add on the postage stamps. Somehow my pages don't seem to be complete without those.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Just lovely Frieda! I find the summer weather is keeping me outside in the garden and away from studio so have not done much of late - enjoy looking yours and everyone else's work instead LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails