Friday 28 August 2015

I am not who I was

It's a real pleasure to be back as a Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products. I love making up these spreads in my Dylusions art journal as it helps give me an inside into my own working practices because I need to stop and take the step by step pictures. You can find these in the full tutorial about this spread on the Stencilgirl Talk website here. Normally I'm so involved with keeping going on the page that even I find it hard to recontruct what exactly I did in all the various steps. Having the stepped out pictures is very useful!
The black leafs came from a Designer Guild Kashima wall paper sample book I picked up somewhere. I can never resist such offerings and as you can see it comes in handy although it also adds to the clutter! One day I will have to start downsizing my stash of all kinds of everything!
The vintage bird image came from a old children's year book (another of those treasured finds) and he just seemed to want to be on this page as he fitted so seamlessly with the black leaves. It is surprising to see how much more realistic life was portrayed in those old books. Much of the content would never have made it into a children's book today. I do love that look on his face though. He has something to say for himself. Perhaps that he too is not who he was yesterday.
All my spreads take me back immediately to the day I made them which in this case was a gloriously sunny one back in June. The pages were done on a table outside and that influenced the colour scheme.

For all the detailed information about the stencils I used as well as the stamps etc. you can go here.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

PRETTY cool, and FUN!

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic composition and layers-the black images look great here!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails