Saturday 12 September 2015

All the Reds

The weather has taken a distinctive autumnal turn and where I was sitting outside in glorious sunshine yesterday, today I had to wear a coat and boots for the dog walk. As I'm going to spend 3 hours at least in the car and the rest of the afternoon indoors I don't mind as much as I would usually do but it's still sad to see that summer has left us behind. There might well be more sunny days but they won't be summer. There is still plenty of colour in the garden though,  and I was struck by the two reds representing those two different seasons.
The poppies are still going strong (although the coming rain and wind will probably do for them) while behind them  the leaves of a shrub (I think it's a wiegela) are changing to their red autumnal hues.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails