Friday 18 September 2015

An Autumn Morning in Dawyck

 It was a distinctly autumnal morning with a little bit of everything; sunshine, clouds, some drizzle.  The day started well with the sighting of a buzzard in a nearby tree. It's not a very good picture (taken through the kitchen window) but the bird looked mightily impressive. I like these as they are carrion feeders and don't attack the little birds that come to our bird feeders in the garden.
 As part of my decision to go for a long walk at least once a week I travelled to Dawyck and did just that, camera in hand naturally. The main colour in the gardens is still green but the leaves on some trees have started to turn as have the fern fronds.
 I tried to find some fungi but didn't come up with any apart from some dilapidated half eaten toad stools, the sight of which I will spare you.

 Dawyck House looked like a fairytale castle peeking out about the trees.
I promise that I will reveal all about my surprise in tomorrow's post!

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

Stunning photos! Love the trees!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails