Wednesday 9 September 2015

Art in Dawyck

Crocosmia with Ligularia in the background
It felt like I had been consigned at home for too long and it was time to go out and about on an artistic adventure.. I knew there was an exhibition I wanted to see on at Dawyck Botanical Gardens so that's where I went this morning. Of course I couldn't resist a long walk as the weather was very good. A bit of low cloud (the dreaded haar) but the sun kept peeking through at times. It had been a long time since my last visit as we don't like to leave Rueben on his own too much and that was the reason I visited on my own today.


An evergreen, or rather an ever grey/blue


 The sun made the views to the far hills look wonderful.
As it turned out the exhibition was both inside the gallery and out in the garden. The art was Rhythms of Nature by Val Ferguson, a local artist who lives in Peebles. I haven't been able to find a website or online presence for her but I loved her work which included both textile art and amazing metal work as seen above and below. In both those media it was the texture that captured my attention. The exhibition will be on till Dawyck closes for the winter on 30th November.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

oooh, nothing like gorgeous scenery and art to rejuvenate the soul!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails