Wednesday 18 November 2015

An Overarching Experience

I'm back as a Guest Designer for Stencilgirl today and that means that you can find a step-by-step tutorial of this spread in my Dylusions art journal here.  I used only two of their stencils but what an effect can be achieved with those minimal supplies. They were the Arched Aqueduct one, as well as the Tropical Floral stencil. This last one is one of my all out favourites as it has so much variety of different textures and that makes it very versatile.
What I've done on these journal pages is make a paper quilt, at least that what it looks like to me. It's definitely putting ideas in my head for something more fabric orientated.
 You will see there is a quotation positioned in some of the arches. It's from Tennyson's Ulysses and reads:

"Yet all experience is an arch where through gleams that untravelled world, whose margins fade for ever and ever, when I move".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails