Monday 2 November 2015

Just Create

The theme and challenges for The Documented Life Project 2015 are set on Saturdays and as last Saturday was the final day of October we are continuing with the October theme of translucent papers. The art challenge this week is: Teabags, dryer sheets, fibrous papers, and the journalling prompt: Just Created. I used fibrous papers (not having any of the other two options) and found a fibrous paper bag in which my Tibetan prayer flags had been wrapped as well as some other fibrous papers. The light blue bits have vanished on the finished pages, at least on the pictures (the texture is still there but not visible) but you can detect the darker turquoise paper I also used. As for the journalling prompt I dropped the D from the end and used the words as a personal encouragement. 
Stencils from the Stencilgirl Club June 2015 were used in the background as well as  the Entangling Threads one of which you can see a lot more on the finished spread. Because the fibrous paper bag I used (see above) featured a Buddhist temple I started looking for a focal point to match it and found it in the form of a meditating figure from a magazine. I used her to cut out a similar figure from a gelli plate printed paper as you can see below. 
 Rubber stamping was done with a variety of stamps, including the one about Creativity which reads:

Creativity is an endless journey where
we should always take the scenic route.

It comes from the Tim Holtz Collection. The CREATE words were stencilled on using the Now is the Time stencil  from Stencilgirl designed by Carolyn Dube and I then utilized her Vintage Typewriter Alphabet stencil  to add CREATE on top of the meditating figure. 
I did a lot of outlining using markers in a variety of colours as well as water soluble oil pastels and of course postage stamps! In an ideal world I would have liked to have 3 of the Czechoslovakia stamp but alas that wasn't to be. Instead they were balanced by the Spanish stamp on the right hand side, chosen merely for the colour.
The page has lots of sparkle but you will have to take my word for that as it isn't visible on the pictures.

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

Seeing what you create always brings a smile to my face- honored that you enjoy my stencil! Love all those layers of play Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails