Wednesday 16 December 2015

Embrace Quiet

It is pure coincidence that this spread is published today. I made it in my capacity as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products and it was made quite some time ago. However the message is particularly suitable for this time of year when we are all running around trying to get as much as possible done for the upcoming festivities. I'm as guilty as the next person but seeing these pages reminds me that I need time for myself too and that mental preparation is as important as physical one.
This spread also shows you one of my favourite art supplies: the humble paper napkin. They are available in all kinds of designs and colours and I have a HUGE collection. I just wish they would sell them in mixed packs instead of 20 to a pack of the same design. I'm always on the lookout for such mixed packs and sometimes discover them on Etsy or Ebay. In the meantime I have gathered enough napkins to keep me going for the rest of my life. If you want to find out exactly how I made this spread you can find a step-by-step tutorial on Stencilgirl Talk.


I used stencils from the August 2015 Stencilgirl Club designed by Terri Stegmiller. I love circles so instantly fell in love with these forms. I'm a keen Stencilgirl Club member myself, and it's so worthwhile joining up as starting January 2016 you receive monthly discounts for buying all the regular stencils too. And when you join you can order the club stencils from previous months and years as well! Membership would make a great Christmas present that keeps surprising you every month!

Meanwhile, don't forget to schedule in some quiet time in the coming days!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hello Frieda,
Your stenciled page here is wonderful! Gosh, I love everything you do. The number of layers here seems huge, and the colors are vibrant and moving. Interesting how energetic the page, yet the theme is to embrace quiet. Perfect to me, as there is always so much going on around us, often really fun distracting things! lol. And to find quiet midst of all this wonderful life stuff takes embracing!
Thank you for sharing your amazing art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails